Australia’s island state of Tasmania is a glorious mix of breathtaking scenic beauty, fascinating colonial history, fine food and wine and old fashioned Australian hospitality.
The capital, Hobart, nestles snugly around Sullivans Cove harbour and the waterfront area is alive with cafés, bars, restaurants and galleries.
Travel further afield and the compact nature of Tasmania makes it an ideal self drive or touring destination that combines wildlife and wilderness and stunning mountain, forest and coastal scenery.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in Tasmania
Tasmania is made for exploring. You will find relics of the island’s convict past, plus the unspoilt natural wonders on an island that was only settled by Europeans 200 years ago.
- See the famous Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Sanctuary
- Trace the steps of Australia’s convict past at Port Arthur
- Kayak through the calm waters of Wineglass Bay
- Sample the local beer at Launceston’s James Boag Brewery
- Trek the forest trails of South West National Park
- Board a scenic cruise along the Gordon River
- Experience true wilderness at the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area
- Marvel at the lofty heights of Cradle Mountain
- Open your mind at Hobart’s Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)
- Admire the orange dusted rocks at the Bay of Fires
The best way to see Tasmania is on a guided or self drive tour or motorhome. The roads are quiet, and distances are short, leaving plenty of time for exploring.
By Sea – Modern overnight sleeper ferry from Melbourne daily.
By Air – International flights from the UK, via Melbourne, and direct regional flights from Melbourne and Sydney.
Exploring Options in Tasmania
With Freedom Australia you can choose what you want to do and how you want to travel. Choose from the freedom of a self drive holiday or combine tours and city stays from multiple regions to create the perfect Australia holiday.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews