Sydney and New South Wales
Your first glimpse of the Opera House, Bridge and Sydney Harbour will not be forgotten. In the city, grand preserved historic buildings nestle with glimmering, glass-clad towers, open squares and gardens create a special mix of excitement and colour that makes Sydney such a special destination.
Sydney’s beauty is matched by the spectacular scenery of the state that surrounds it. From 800 miles of pristine coastline to the enchanting Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley wineries, New South Wales is a holiday destination in its own right, with scores of self drive and day touring options.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in Sydney
Many of Sydney’s famous attractions can be explored on foot, or take the ferry to the hidden beaches and coastal walks around the famous Sydney Harbour. There is always something to see and do in this city that never stops.
- Climb the arch of famous Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Learn to surf at Bondi Beach
- Enjoy a lunch or dinner cruise around the Harbour
- Hit the shops in the up-market Queen Victoria Building
- Stay overnight in Taronga Park Zoo
- Soak up the panoramic views from Observatory Hill
- Enjoy the amazing flora of the Sydney Botanical Gardens
- Dine al fresco style in the bars and restaurants of Darling Harbour
- Visit the historical Hyde Park Barracks and Old Mint
- Wander through the tranquil Chinese Gardens
- Catch the Manly ferry for a glorious day by the beach
- Take an unforgettable helicopter flight over the city and Harbour
- Explore the coastal path from Coogee to Bondi
Strolling through Sydney is a pleasure, with things to see and do around every corner, and plenty of open air cafés and restaurants to tempt you.
Taxis are everywhere or buy a local ‘Opal’ card for cheap, unlimited travel on busses, trains and ferries at a maximum daily rate.
Many day trips and activities can be booked in advance with Freedom Australia.
New South Wales
Australia’s oldest state rises from the warm waters and golden beaches of its South Pacific coastline to the tree clad mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
South of Sydney are quiet coastal towns and beautiful National Parks, as well as Canberra, the nation’s capital, within its own Australian Capital Territory.
To the north, the resorts of Port Stephens, Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay lead you to the New South Wales border with Queensland.
- Ride the Blue Mountains scenic railway and Skyways cable car
- Discover 100s of beaches along New South Wales Pacific coast
- Go wine tasting and touring in the beautiful Hunter Valley
- Look for the koalas of Port Macquarie
- Explore Windsor and Richmond on the enchanting Hawkesbury River
- Horse ride through the scenic mountain trails
- Surf with the locals at New South Wales best surfing beaches
- Try kayaking in Kangaroo Valley
- Look for whales and dolphins in Jarvis Bay
- Bush walk through one of New South Wales 100 National Parks
- Head inland to explore Waterfalls Way
- Discover ghost towns around Broken Hill
- Head to the ACT and the nation’s capital of Canberra
By Road – 550 miles from Melbourne and 570 from Brisbane through captivating coastal and mountain scenery.
By Rail – day and night trains from Melbourne and Sydney or experience the Indian Pacific from Adelaide or Perth.
By Air – scores of UK routes via the Middle East, Asia or America and frequent flights from all parts of Australia.
Exploring Options from Sydney
With Freedom Australia you can choose what you want to do and how you want to travel. Choose from the freedom of a self drive holiday or combine tours and city stays from multiple regions to create the perfect Australia holiday.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews