South Queensland is very much Australia’s holiday playground, with three main regions attracting visitors year round.
Brisbane – Queensland’s state capital with a mix of modern and old buildings, fine shops and gardens and the lively Southbank entertainment precinct.
Gold Coast – wide ocean beaches, the bright lights of Surfers Paradise and plenty of theme parks to keep families amused.
Nature Coast – stretching from Brisbane to beautiful Fraser Island, with sheltered beaches, a lush, forested interior and laid back resort towns.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in South Queensland
This fun holiday region enjoys year round sunshine and offers a host of activities for all, from bush walking in the Glasshouse Mountains to riding the waves at Surfers Beach.
- Explore Fraser Island on a 4WD adventure
- Feed the dolphins at Tangalooma’s Island Resort
- Relax like a local in Brisbane’s Southbank Parklands
- Walk the scenic trails of the Glasshouse Mountains
- Travel by fast City Cat along the Brisbane River
- Visit Steve Irwin’s famous Australia Zoo
- Enjoy the excitement of the Gold Coast theme parks
- Spot koalas along the walking trails of Noosa National Park
- Cruise through Noosa’s unique everglades
- Walk through pristine rainforest in the Lamington National Park
- Shop till you drop in Brisbane’s Queen Street
- See kangaroos, koalas and more at the Lone Pine Sanctuary
- Browse the charming stalls of the Emundi Markets
Public transport in Brisbane and the Gold Coast is good but to really explore the the coastal and country towns of the Nature Coast, a rental car is a must.
By Road – Brisbane is 570 miles from Sydney and 1050 from Tropical Cairns.
By Rail – Day and night trains from Sydney or head north towards Cairns aboard the Spirit of Queensland.
By Air – direct flights to Brisbane from the UK and regional flights from most major cities.
Exploring Options from South Queensland
With Freedom Australia you can choose what you want to do and how you want to travel. Choose from the freedom of a self drive holiday or combine tours and city stays from multiple regions to create the perfect Australia holiday.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews