Perth & Western Australia
With non stop flights from London, Western Australia makes a superb holiday destination in its own right, as well as the perfect gateway to Australia.
The stunning city of Perth on the Swan River is relaxed, welcoming and easy to get around, with wonderful beaches and year round sunshine. From here you can also discover the vineyards, forests, caves and magnificent coastal scenery of the beautiful South West.
Head north from Perth and you will find world famous Ningaloo Reef and the spectacular National Parks of central Western Australia. Broome acts as the gateway for an unforgettable tour or self drive through the undiscovered Kimberley region.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in Perth
With its unique combination of bustling city centre, riverside parkland and Indian Ocean beaches, no two days in Perth are the same.
Perth is compact enough to walk around or plan exciting days out to the attractions nearby.
- Soak in the city and river views from fabulous Kings Park
- Climb the Perth Bell Tower, built to celebrate the millennium
- Visit Swan Valley wineries on a leisurely river cruise
- Explore the historic port of Fremantle
- Chill out at the pavement cafés on Forrest Place
- Discover the geological wonders of the Pinnacles
- Look out for quokkas on a trip to Rottnest Island
- Enjoy the galleries and nightlife of Northbridge
- Swim with the dolphins at Rockingham
- Head to Scarborough or Perth’s famous Cottesloe Beach
- Visit Fremantle Jail and historic Perth Mint
- Enjoy a wine tasting tour to Margaret River
- Have a flutter at the popular Burswood Casino
Much of Perth can be explored on foot but there are free hop-on hop-off busses connecting most of the city attractions.
The clean, modern Perth rail system is easy to use, connecting inland towns, city beaches and the old port of Fremantle.
Day trips and cruises to the wineries and other scenic locations can be booked locally or with Freedom Australia.
The size of Western Europe but with only two million inhabitants, Western Australia is a breathtaking land of mountains, forests, expansive outback and spectacular river gorges, fringed by soft, white sand beaches, pristine reef, and stunning coastal scenery.
Because of its size and remoteness, much of inland Western Australia is untouched and virtually undiscovered and your holiday there becomes an adventure.
- Visit the wineries and forests of the beautiful South West
- Snorkel amongst to coral of Ningaloo Reef
- Climb to the top of mysterious Wave Rock
- Ride a camel on Broome’s famous Cable Beach
- Discover the dramatic gorges of Kalbarri
- Feed the dolphins at Monkey Mia
- Travel the Gibb River Road on a 4WD adventure
By Road – a great way to travel if you have time. Perth to Broome is 1,500 miles.
By Rail – aboard the mighty Indian Pacific to Perth from Adelaide and Sydney.
By Air – into Perth direct from the UK and all major Australia cities, with regional flights from Broome and other Western Australia towns.
Exploring Options from Perth
With Freedom Australia you can choose what you want to do and how you want to travel. Choose from the freedom of a self drive holiday or combine tours and city stays from multiple regions to create the perfect Australia holiday.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews