Australia's Island Resorts
Australia’s Coral Sea coastline boasts some of the most beautiful island resorts in the world. Throughout the Great Barrier Reef, they offer fine white sand beaches and crystal clear waters for the perfect holiday retreat.
The interior of most islands is natural tropical rainforest and many of the romantic resorts offer sumptuous accommodation, swimming pools, fine dining and a host of activities.
Access to the islands is by boat or sometimes helicopter and most provide excursions to the Reef, as well as snorkelling from the shore.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Where to Go
Island days are about lazing on the beach, walking in the rainforest, swimming and snorkelling. Activities can vary greatly according to the island you choose, so check out the Island Resort description before you book.
- Green Island – luxury Eco retreat 45 minutes from Cairns
- Fitzroy Island – snorkelling, diving and kayaking close to Cairns
- Orpheus Island – intimate, all-inclusive luxury resort right on the reef
- Magnetic Island – popular island resort a ferry ride from Townsville
- Hamilton Island – superb facilities and a choice of accommodation
- Daydream Island – fun and friendly island with plenty of activities
- Heron Island – coral cay island perfect for snorkelling and diving
- Lady Elliot Island – nature lovers paradise with meals included
- Fraser Island – rainforested island just 4 hours north of Brisbane
Island transfers can be by launch, ferry, plane or helicopter depending how far they are from the mainland. Your FREEDOM AUSTRALIA consultant will arrange transfers for you.
By Road – Island Resort stays can be included in an East Coast self drive.
By Rail – Fraser Island and the Whitsundays can be accessed from nearby Spirit of Queensland rail stations.
By Air – Hamilton Island has its own airport. Your consultant will arrange local flights from other gateway towns.
With Freedom Australia you can choose what you want to do and how you want to travel. Choose from the freedom of a self drive holiday or combine tours and city stays from multiple regions to create the perfect Australia holiday.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews