A magical coral cay island at the southern end of the Barrier Reef, Heron Island is surrounded in waters teeming with brightly coloured fish and marine life.
- Free breakfast
- Private balcony or terrace
- Excellent snorkelling & diving
- Fascinating guided reef walks
- Island is exclusive to guests only
Call 0333 234 2889 orEnquire Now
About your Island Resort...
Walk from the resort straight onto the reef or swim from white beaches into the living garden of coral. There are dozens of snorkeling and diving sites, with lessons available, as well as guided reef and island walks.
The resort is exclusive to guests, with no day trippers to disturb the peace. At night there is live entertainment, or instead enjoy a quiet drink in the Pandanus Lounge.
Comfortable Turtle Rooms, or spacious Reef Suite located near beautiful North Beach. Both have large private balconies or terraces, en-suite bathroom, ceiling fans, tea/coffee making facilities and beach towels.
Swimming pool, restaurant, lounge bar, Aqua Soul Day Spa, nature walks & presentations.
How to Get There…
Heron Island is 89 km off the Queensland coast between Gladstone and Rockhampton. Launch transfers via the Heron Islander catamaran leave once a day from Gladstone for a 2.5 hour scenic cruise.
Alternatively you can book a 25 minute scenic seaplane transfer from Gladstone to the island.
|Room Type||Standard Occupancy||Price per person from|
Free breakfast year round. Return launch transfer from Gladstone Adult from £96pp or Seaplane from £566pp. A Environmental Management Charge of $6 per person per day is paid locally (Maximum charge $18 per person per stay)
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews