With palm fringed islands rising out of a crystal-clear sea, Fiji’s combination of idyllic island resorts, blue skies and friendly locals provide the setting for a perfect South Pacific holiday.
The largest island and gateway to Fiji is the island of Vitu Levi with its rich cultural charm and beachfront resorts. Nadi is the international airport, and a convenient town from which to explore the inland rainforests, as well as providing access to the ports from which ferry services depart to the Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands.
If your idea of an island retreat is your picture-perfect holiday, then look no further than the Mamanuca Islands. There are 20 in total, many of which offer luxury resorts set overlooking the crystal clear turquoise waters of the South Pacific.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in Fiji
Whether you are travelling to Fiji as part of a stopover route from Australia or New Zealand, or taking a South Pacific island holiday in its own right, there is plenty to keep you entertained.
- Participate in a traditional Kava ceremony, welcoming you to Fiji
- Find sanctuary at the ‘Garden of the Sleeping Giant’ at the foothills of the Sabeto Ranges
- Uncover Fiji’s historic Hindu heritage at the Sri Siva Swami Temple
- Dine aboard a sunset dinner cruise
- Become a castaway on one of the Mamanuca Islands
- Enjoy a night time cultural performance at your resort
- Treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment
- Stay overnight in your own luxury overwater bungalow
- All aboard an extended cruise through the remote Yasawa Islands
- Relax – you are on island time!
Taxis are one of the easiest options to get around Vitu Levu, especially when staying in Nadi or Port Denarau. All island ferries and day cruises depart from the popular marina of Port Denarau. The furthest of the Mamanuca Islands is an hour cruise from the mainland.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews