These remote coral fringed islands are like jewels set in the sapphire blue waters of the South Pacific – stunningly beautiful and the perfect holiday paradise.
The main island of Rarotonga is surrounding by sheltered lagoon so the waves crash far from the shore, perfect for safe swimming and snorkelling. Away from the pristine white sand beaches the island’s forest clad interior is a walker’s paradise.
A 40 minute flight from Rarotonga is the romantic island paradise of Aitutaki where the island’s turquoise lagoon is teeming with marine life and its white sand beaches are sheltered by coconut trees.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Things to do in the Cook Islands
The main prerogative when staying on the Cook Islands is to relax, but there are still plenty of South Pacific adventures to be had.
- Cruise through the turquoise waters of Aitutaki and its atoll islands
- Get your passport stamped on One Foot Island
- Dance the night away at a cultural dinner experience at Te Vara Nui Village
- Marvel at the fringing coral of Rarotonga on a glass bottom boat cruise
- Enjoy a night time cultural performance at your resort
- Trek the plantations and mountains of inland Rarotonga
- Paddle board across the lagoon’s calm waters
- Secure your own Cook Islands driving licence at the local Police Station
- Discover Polynesian treats at the Punanga Nui Market
- Fly to the bird sanctuary island of Atiu
- Relax – you are on island time!
A circular coastal road around Raratonga allows for two buses to service the island. One travels clockwise, the other anti-clockwise! Car and scoter rental is also available.
By Air – International flights from the UK, via Los Angeles with Air New Zealand, and direct regional flights from Auckland and Sydney. Air Rarotonga operates inter-island scheduled flights.
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews