Australia Car Hire
Discover the freedom of the open road as you create your own Australian road trip. Travel between cities, through mountain country and across open plains as you explore this amazing country. When travelling Australia, car hire really is a no-brainer. With Freedom Australia you’ll enjoy:
- A great choice of air conditioned, modern vehicles
- One way hire between most major cities
- Unlimited kilometres (except remote locations)
- The security of a car hire brand you can trust
Choose the car below that’s right for you and ask your Freedom Australia consultant to make all the arrangements for you.
Save time and money with our Free planning service
Car Hire Options
Low cost, flexible car hire from airport and downtown depots throughout Australia.
Our Australia Car Hire Prices Include Unlimited kilometres (except remote locations), additional drivers, goods & service tax, insurance (excluding excess) and third party liability.
Not Included in the Prices Airport collection fees, accident excess reduction, fuel and optional extras such as baby seats and booster seats and one way fees where applicable. All extras are subject to government taxes and are payable locally.
Car Types shown are subject to availability and Avis reserve the right to substituted with a similar model if necessary.
Satellite Navigation To help you find your way around, Avis offers satellite navigation from $12.08 per day at most city locations. Satellite navigation must be requested at the time of booking and paid for locally at the time of pick up.
Terms and Conditions
Driver Qualifications Drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age (25 for groups E to W) and have held a valid driving licence for at least one year. Drivers under the age of 25 incur a surcharge of $27.50 per day. There is a $5 per day additional driver fee (max $25) payable locally. The spouse of the lead driver is excluded from this charge.
The Rental When taking delivery of your car, you will be asked to sign Avis’s own terms and conditions of hire making the rental subject to a direct contract between each driver and the car hire company. A credit card bond will be taken to cover additional costs such as fuel, damage excess and optional services. All major credit cards accepted.
Restrictions and One Way Rentals Cars may only be driven on properly formed, sealed, metalled or gravel roads and may not be taken on any boat or ferry (Cape Tribulation ferry, Kangaroo Island & Magnetic Island crossing permitted). Cars may not be driven on the Gibb River Road, Birdsville Track nor various other unsealed roads.
A one way fee is payable locally on one way rentals under 3 days (up to $330), one way rentals into our out of WA and NT ($1,100 + min 7 day hire) and one way rentals in WA ($110 – $1,100 + 5 days hire).
Damage Excess An excess of $4,400 applies to all accidents (Group W – $5,500). This can be reduced to $605 (Group W – $1,100) by purchase of accident excess reduction locally at $27.50 per day (Group W – $35). Alternatively the excess can be reduced to nil and may be prepaid in the UK at £14 per day (Group W – £26) or £22 including airport collection fees (Group W – £45).
Why Freedom Australia
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews